Thursday, April 9, 2015

Her Name

it was 2009 - had a dream that i had a baby girl... literally i was in the delivery room in the dream and after she arrived i said her name to C - "Halle Faith" but he said no, "her name is Romantica"

yes, thank God it was a dream :)

Halle was a name I'd seen on a genealogy tree my mom did that hung in our basement... over the years, i forgot which side of the family but knew that name was in our family lineage... and also loved how the word Hallelujah started with those letters.

Another special thing about Halle is it is a diminutive of Harriet which is Chad's maternal grandma's name.

***

I've shared the story about Chad's grandfather talking to us about having children on here before. (Here is the link to that post.)  Chad and I had talked early on in the pregnancy about using Don's wife June's name as a middle name if we had a girl.  We knew God used Don to bring us down this road at this exact time and wanted to honor him.  Chad never met his Grandma June because she passed young but we knew Don loved her very much.

***

What is truly heaven-sent about how Halle June came to be the name was just 11 days before she arrived my brother and sister-in-law had their baby girl and named her Ella Reese.  Do you know what Chad's girl name had been since day one of our pregnancy?  Reese June.   (We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl and also didn't share our names.) I didn't have a girl name I just loved and Chad's adoration for Reese rubbed off on me.  For about the last couple months of our pregnancy I thought if this was a girl she was Reese June... as the time drew closer we wavered on either Reese June or Reese Brighton... I liked Brighton b/c it sounded best I thought with a 2 syllable middle name... but did love using the family middle name June for all the above mentioned reasons.  

What is funny about the story is as of Christmas day, Kurt and Lorie had their first name but didn't have a middle name yet.  Just a few days before she arrived, they saw a commercial or movie with Reese Witherspoon and Kurt asked Lorie if she liked that w/ Ella and she did.  Now you tell me, what are the odds?  

After hearing their name, one of my first initial thoughts was... "Well, we must be having a boy!"  Then I  thought it would be pretty special for them to have the name in common and we'd still use Reese.  But over the next 11 days, C and I began talking about other names.  

It was at our 37 wk apt... C and I were in the room waiting on the dr. to come in and he said, "How about Halle June for a girl and Micah Cash for a boy."  I said I liked both and he said, "No, I'm serious... let's seal it," and we kissed on it. 

(Micah was a name I'd like for a boy since 2005 and meant "Who is like our God"... Cash because we were cashing in on God's promise... we would have called him Cash.)

I got home and wrote both names and date in the book I'd been recording in.  

And literally 12 hours later she was here.

Halle means heroine or rock and after sharing her name with family
I learned it was my dad's grandmother whose name was Halle, but she spelled it Hallie.

Sweet HalleJunia...
You are 3 months old today baby girl. 
Not a doubt in this name obsessed woman's mind...
God knew he was sending us Halle June.
It is perfect... and in my eyes... so is everything about you.

Halle June Crane
Halle Halle June Crane
How I love you 
Love you, Yes I do!

Love you to the moon and back,
Love you to the moon and back.

Halle June Crane
Love you, yes I do!

Here are pictures of the 3 women whom she shares names with:

My dad's paternal grandma, Hallie:

Chad's maternal grandmother, Harriet: 

Chad's paternal grandmother, June:

No comments:

Post a Comment