Saturday, March 7, 2015

Grace Worn Well

My mom planned a night for her new 3 grand-daughters to get together and meet their great-grandma! And last nite was the nite...


Left to Right:
Halle June - 8 wks old 
Emily Grace - 11 wks old
Ella Reese - 9 1/2 wks old 

HJ got some one on one time with the guest of honor b/c C and I got there early -
 she was just continuously whispering in her ear - "Precious" - it melted my heart.



When my mom & dad arrived, they brought with them 
all the food!  and this plaque... 

With not knowing whether we were having a boy or a girl, the word Baby got used a lot!  And about half way through the pregnancy, one morning in the shower... the word baby just became an acronym in my mind that meant... "Be Amazed By Yahweh."  

And amazed we were.  He gave us a girl.  I really wanted another feminine presence in our home.  I grew up with a lot of boys around me and have always seen myself more easily mothering a boy... but deep down my heart longed for a girl - yet all during the pregnancy felt that a girl would be the biggest surprise.  And it was... 8 wks into being her mom and I've still had moments where I cannot believe I have a daughter. 

But the picture above represents so much more than God's faithfulness to give us a baby.  Those rings.  Lands, I don't know what I could say to convey on paper how those circles represent the undying faithfulness of a God who can hold all things together.  

When our marriage unraveled, God uniquely brought me across the path of a friend who was also losing her marriage.  The paths he had us walk through ended very differently in that my marriage remained and hers ended.  

What I know from walking together with her in some ways, is this... 
If God's grace saves your marriage, or God's grace ends it - joys and sorrows come with both.  The stories aren't that different really primarily because the grace given in both is exactly the same.  Coming from the same hands, holding the same power.  Amazing.

And I think those Creative Hands would want to hold all his children close and whisper in our ears something truly precious... wear my grace well... don't dwell as much on the outcome of your circumstance as much as just wearing out the grace I hand out - so that you can live well through it and in the end, still have a soft heart that believes in my goodness.


One more pic of sweet HalBel b/c it's my favorite... the smile at papa, the little tongue, the hidden hands, the sweet outfit given by my heart's oldest friend... just lovelee



A song if you have time to worship... Raised to Life by Elevation Worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment