Sunday, October 9, 2016

Abigail

Lazarus.

Pretend I'm him.  Knowing what "4 days of death" feels like, but then Jesus.   Love shows itself and, like Lazarus, the miracle of grace & new life is mine.

John 11:44 Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and...

... let. him. go. 

Ab, because of you, I can picture Lazarus in this moment- shell shocked as he may have been, standing wrapped in his "grave clothes" but slowly taking in the smells and signs of life rushing in around him.  A man gone from death to life.  Hearing the wind, the birds, or the grief cries turned to sheer joy - feeling the movement of a few choice loved ones running toward him.  Brave souls who came to follow through with what Jesus had asked of them... "take off the grave clothes".

But from my experience I now imagine there was one... one heart of pure faith that understood what Jesus was doing before the rest so she got there first.  One set of hands that worked tirelessly to unravel.  Even when Lazarus' frail body needed the process to go slower because the freeing process was painful for him... this one set of hands wasn't put off by the groaning, she effortlessly just downgraded to gentle mode and...

kept on moving. 
kept on loving & setting the captive free.
kept believing in the miracle of grace found solely in

Jesus Christ

Oh my soul from the help God sent to me in your hands, Ab. 
In your heart of deep love & vision for me.
Thank you for loving him like you do.
I'm in awe at the unraveling it's allowed you to do for him, and for me.
Because of it, I'm more aware than before that I'm part of the vast army of hope Ezekiel 37 talks about and I'm learning how to take Isaiah 52 from my head to my heart.  And from this place... mmmm yes and amen.


happiest of birthdays today 

thank you for shining his light, love

xo & giggles from here forward


catch the wind * jonathan & melissa helser
ps. 30 & 46

No comments:

Post a Comment