Sunday, November 1, 2015

Radiant Optimism

Read this book a couple of months ago and recommend it, especially for creating a great morning ritual, which is what it has done for me.

I battle with helplessness that depresses me when it come to my pain.  My effort to find the root cause has felt like an endless hamster wheel and some days that drops me to my knees in tears.  Today wasn't a tear day, but I wake up and shower b/f my quiet time and it does amaze me how if I wake up in pain, I fight the doom and gloom thoughts as I shower and get ready... and then following her morning routine truly does help me choose differently as her steps help me implant the word of God in a way that works for me... one day at a time.

A few verses of choice for this day:

Ps. 32:8 - I will instruct you & teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Isaiah 49:16  See, I've engraved you on the palm of my hand; your walls are ever before me.  

Love this biblehub.com commentary on this: So, brethren, the most radiant optimism is the only fitting attitude for Christian people in looking into the future, either of the Church as a whole, or of themselves as individual members of it. God’s hand is working for Zion and for me. It is guided by love that does not lose the individual in the mass, nor ever forgets any of its children, and it works towards the attainment of unattained perfection. ‘This Man’ does not ‘begin to build and’ prove ‘not able to finish.’

So let us be sure that, if only we keep ourselves in the love, and continue in the grace of God, He will not slack nor stay His hand on which Zion is graven, until it has ‘perfected that which concerneth us,’ and fulfilled to each of us that ‘which He has spoken to us of.’

Join me today, hearts resisting the lies of the enemy that he might flee... 
eyes lifted up to the one who has his eyes on us.


No comments:

Post a Comment