Saturday, June 6, 2015

Dear Dana...

aunt
noun
  1. the sister of one's father or mother or the wife of one's uncle.

This is how google defines it, but I'm lucky to have a much fuller definition of Aunt that you have exemplified for me my entire life.

As you walk down the aisle today, I pray you feel love.  Not just by the man waiting at the end... but by so many that have walked life with you up to this point.  People present and those afar who are blessed to love and be loved by you. 





I remember the first time I saw your Mr!  We were in NB and I was walking from the beach back to the condo and our paths crossed.   Seeing you hand in hand with him, my instantaneous heartbeat was... let him be good enough for her.  (No offense to him!)

It is just that you are one of the best. 

Stoic.
Hard working beyond measure.

Beautiful.

Quiet at times.
Funny. 

I don't recall a time, in the bazillion that I've been to your home, Summerfield through Jessica... that it wasn't clean.  And you cook, I mean enough said for me right there! 
You've raised 5 independent and loving children who each treasure the gift they have in you.

You love those grand babies.

You open your home to your family often and without question and feed us 
Speghetti w/ garlic bread and salad and your Cheese Chicken. 



I have many strands of love that run through me, and one of them has your name on it.   It is a strong and beautiful one that has the power to crush should it ever go missing.   Oh that's how you know it is love.   It has to be forever... and the Aunt-Niece bond between us must be eternal. 


Without question, my life has been richer because of you.   

I love you and pray happy days ahead for you and your love.

xo,
sc 

No comments:

Post a Comment