Monday, February 9, 2015

37 weeks


1.9.15 was our 37 wk mark and we had a dr. visit that morning... I went in and wasn't checked b/c the dr. asked me if I felt anything moving or happening.  I said besides the back pain I'd been having I thought the baby was comfy cozy.  She didn't want to check my cervix b/c she said often times it can cause bleeding and then you think something is happening and it isn't so we left it to check me at 38 wks.

I had a friend text asking for a pic of me that day so happened to get one of what I looked like right before she came... 

1.9.15 - 37 wks

I know I've included Chad's version of the day - here is mine... our angles were slightly different.   Just gonna cut to the chase... I'd gotten ready for bed earlier than usually that nite b/c my back just hurt and laying in bed was really the only place it felt better.  I was almost asleep when I felt a pop inside of me, and heard it too, then felt the water.  

One of the things I remembered from our birthing class was to record the time if you thought your water broke... I turned and the clock said 9:30 on the dot.  I got up and called the on call dr.  I told her I thought my water broke and that I was also bleeding.  She didn't seem too thrilled with me honestly and told me to try and get some sleep and if the bleeding got bad enough to soak through a pad then to call her back.  

I called Chad up from downstairs and told him what happened.  We were both laying in bed and he started reading the definition of a contraction.  Goofy I know, but as he read it, "The uterus will harden and you'll feel a lot of pressure in your lower abdomen..."  I literally felt that happening and told him, "I am having contractions!"   We timed the next one and the clock said 10:19 - it went for 70 secs... then the next one came at 10:20 - it went for 40 secs.  I felt another thing of water come and with that came more blood.   I told Chad we'd better go in to the hopsital, even if this was a false alarm, I didn't think this blood was normal. 

Luckily we had our bag packed... I just had a list of last minute things to throw in and we did that and got in the car.  The contractions continued about 1 min apart all the way in... at the check in, they escalated and by the time we got up to the first room we were in, I had one contraction and I felt the baby move down into the  birth canal!  My pain went to a 40!  I told the nurse, who was having trouble getting the bed down for me to get in it... "I need to get to the room where I can have this baby."  

Chad was actually on the phone w/ my parents.  I had told him not to call them b/c it was 11pm at this point and I didn't want them driving 2.5 hrs for a false alarm but he didn't listen.  When that birth canal contraction happened he was still on the phone w/ them and I told him, "This is happening, tell them it's ok to come!"  

Chad just lifted me up on the bed b/c the nurse just couldn't get the bed to come down and they wheeled me into the labor room.  A second nurse, thank the good Lord, came in who was a lot more confident and she said she was going to check me.    I was dreading each contraction at this point, making sounds I'd never heard come out of my mouth before and asking Jesus to "let it come out!"  The hospital was stone quiet and I'm curious if I scared a few people!  

After checking, the nurse looked at me and said, "The dr. will be here in 10 min if you can wait, but the head is right there, so if you want to push, you can." No question what we did!  After a couple contractions with 3-4 pushes on each one... at 11:29 pm the baby came out!  Hallelujah!  

Just earlier that day, at the 37 wk apt... Chad and I had finally sealed our name choices and as the nurse told us it was a girl, I looked at him wondering if we were going to really stick with our sealed choice from just that morning.  The nurse asked what her name was and without hesitation, Chad said, "Halle June."  

Here she is fresh from the womb! 
 All 6 lbs, 10 oz. - 18.5 inches of her!

Hope deferred makes a heart sick, 
but a promise fulfilled is a tree of life. 
Proverbs 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment