Friday, January 2, 2015

36w

We were supposed to have a 36w apt today at 9:15 but just got a call that it'll be rescheduled due to complete power outage at the hospital.  Sounds like fun morning for them!

We usually take a pic before our apts. and went ahead and did that... 
so! curious if there's a son or daughter in there!

We had our traditional New Year's.  I made fettuccine alfredo, C picked up salad and breadsticks from a pizza place close by and after we feasted, we made our memory rocks for 2014, then just watched the NYE shows and The Kennedy Honors that we'd recorded up until the ball dropped... we are so low key on NY's and I love every minute of it!  

looks like i grabbed C's hand, but really he mine, as he prayed
(i did take the pic after :) - but it was a sweet prayer and we both
ended up a bit emotional at the end - the house was stone quiet, 
the amount of things that this year held for us - overwhelming... 

here are the rocks we've made since 2006 - our ones for this year were:
C started working as the Director of Instruction at a course here where we live
Baby Crane Coming!
1 new nephew - Owen, born 8.8.14 to Ryan and Andrea
The passing of Don Crane - 9.15.14 - Chad's paternal grandfather
2 new nieces - Emily and Ella, born 12.18.14  and 12.29.14 to Kevin/Brandy & Kurt/Lorie
The passing of our RB - 12.7.14

That last one still chokes me up - Gosh can't believe it hasn't even been a month - feels like I've not seen him or embraced that sweet thing in forever... - tears in full now... I can't remember if I've shared much on here... but RB was diagnosed 12.13.13 with bladder cancer... he was a trooper and could not have gone in a more dignified loving way - which was perfectly fitting for such a gentle & loving part of our lives that won't ever be forgotten.

We were planning on just decorating his rock like we do all the others, but in the midst of our rock designing, C got up and came back with the rock wrapped in Rowdy Boot's collar.  Just earlier that day we were cleaning up the garage a bit and it was on the shelf.  I'm not a keeper of much and when C asked what I wanted to do w/ it, I said to toss it, which he did, but I couldn't be more glad that this didn't stay in the trash - it found a much better home right where it is now. 


Closing out w/ 2 recipes that have been on the morning menu now for about a wk... 

my first attempt at homemade almond milk! 
store bought almond milk hurts my stomach, so I was
pleasantly surprised when homemade didn't! and it is so good
I just mix it w/ two dates and ice for an easy smoothie
12 oz almonds, soaked overnight in water
rinse well then blend with 6 cups fresh water
use a nut bag to drain the milk (my vitamix came with a good one)
This only makes enough milk for 3 smoothies... which is kind of 
expensive and tedious in my book - but it is delicious mixed 
with the 2 dates and ice... and so filling!  Today I added a 
banana to the mix and that was good too.

just eggs w/ spinach and cheese
gonna go make me some of this now!  
mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment